Anteater Weekly - Welcome Week
September 19, 2011
* ASUCI presents Welcome Week 2011 - September 19 through 23. Free events.
- Monday, September 19:
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aldrich Park: Anteater Involvement Fair.
- 8 p.m. to 3 a.m., Late Nite @ the ARC. Food Truck Festival outside from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 20:
- 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Aldrich Park After Dark. A concert featuring Dev, DJ Benzi, Young L and Strange Birds.
- Wednesday, September 21:
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., ARC Fields: World's Largest Dodgeball Game. FREE Dodgeball T-shirt for the first 4,000 players and amazing giveaways. Come set a world record!
-10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Target After-Hours Shopping Event. Target is staying open late just for UCI students and providing free transportation. Buses leave from Mesa Court, the ARC, and the Flagpoles.
- Thursday, September 22:
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Student Center Terrace: ASUCI Open House. Dance Crews performing from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on the stage. Free pizza.
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Anteater Stadium. #15 UCI Women’s Soccer vs. Portland.
- 9 p.m. to 11 p.m., Crawford Fields: Screen on the Green: X-Men: First class. Free kettle korn for the first 400 people. Extended shuttle service will be provided.
- Friday, September 23:
11 a.m. to 7 p.m., free shuttle to Newport: Beach Day. Buses leave from the Flagpoles and Crawford Hall. Note: The last return bus to UCI leaves Newport at 7 p.m.
* Campus Recreation presents Late Night at the ARC: September 19, 8 p.m., Anteater Recreation Center.
- Late Night features dance demonstrations, martial arts demonstrations, class samplers, rock climbing, movies on the pool patio, cooking demonstrations, and much more.
- Free sports tournaments including volleyball, dodgeball, basketball, soccer, and racquetball.
- Free shirts will be given away as prizes. Athletic shoes and valid UCI ID required for entry. The pool will be open, so bring your suit if you’re in the mood for a dip.
- Visit http://www.campusrec.uci.edu.
CAMPUS EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
* Anteater Involvement Fair: September 19, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aldrich Park. Over 350 Registered Campus Organization booths, an activity stage hosted by UCI Athletics, and a performance stage hosted by ASUCI.
- Performances by Jodaiko, Ballet Folkloriko, Belly Danceaters at UCI, CADC, MCIA, Common Ground, and Kaba Modern, to name a few.
- Sponsored by the Office of the Dean of Students, Student Center & Event Services, UCI Athletics and ASUCI with support from UCI Dining & Hospitality Services and Parking & Transportation Services.
* Campus Recreation presents Intro To Stand Up Paddleboarding: September 24, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., UCI Crew Base.
- Fee: $32 for students and ARC Members; $40 for others.
- Visit http://www.campusrec.uci.edu/outdoor/details.asp?course_id=4640.
REGISTRATION, ACADEMIC SUPPORT, & STUDENT SERVICES
* The New University presents New U Recruitment Meeting: September 21, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., Student Center, Moss Cove A. Visit http://newuniversity.org.
CLUB EVENTS & MEETINGS
* Circle K International at UCI events. Visit http://ucicirclek.org.
- Orientation #1: September 20, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Student Center, Crystal Cove Auditorium.
- Orientation #2: September 21, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Student Center, Emerald Bay CDE.
* Greek Week presents a Fall Formal Recruitment 2011: September 22, 4 p.m., Arroyo Vista Housing Community. Sign ups end September 26. Visit http://www.ucipanhellenic.com.
* iMed at UCI (FIMRC affiliated) presents iMED @ Anteater Involvement Fair: September 19, 8 a.m., Aldrich Park 334. Visit http://imed.zotters.org.
If you would like to contribute an announcement to a future Anteater Weekly, log on to http://antweek.vcsa.uci.edu/.
Note: DEADLINE for submission is the Monday "prior" to the following week of posting.
Archives and guidelines of the Anteater Weekly are available at http://antweek.vcsa.uci.edu/.