Anteater Weekly Posting Guidelines
As of October 12, 2012
1. The purpose of the UC Irvine Anteater Weekly is to provide information to all undergraduate and graduate students about UC Irvine events and activities.
2. The Anteater Weekly is sent via email on Fridays to be received the following day. It is mailed 12 weeks during Fall Quarter (includes Welcome Week), 11 weeks during Winter Quarter, and 11 weeks during Spring Quarter. It is not mailed to students during the summer.
3. All submissions for posting of announcements in the Anteater Weekly must be received by Monday, 5 p.m. (one week prior to the following week of posting) in the following manner:
- Online submissions at http://antweek.vcsa.uci.edu/.
- Requests may be sent two to three weeks earlier.
- Requests will not be taken over the phone or via email.
4. The length of each message in the Anteater Weekly varies due to space limitations. Additional information pertaining to announcements and club events will be directed to their website.
5. All announcement submissions must include the following:
- UCI sponsored host of event.
- Date, time, name/title, and location of the event.
- Brief description of the event, types of event such as a performance, workshop, speaker, dance, etc. Note: Club event and meeting descriptions are only limited to the title of meeting. Additional details of event will be referred to the club's site.
- Contact person with their email address, phone number or website that may provide further information about the event.
- If applicable, admission prices and where tickets can be purchased should be included on the website.
- If a student club has more than one event, posting will be directed to their website for further details. Exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
6. All posted events and activities must meet the following criteria:
- Pertain to UC Irvine undergraduate and graduate students.
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students and has a wide public appeal.
- Complies with the University's non-discrimination policy.
- Alcohol will not be posted.
- Does not promote the sale of products or promotion of companies, including restaurants. Exceptions include reference to the speaker.
All exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
- Specific religion or prayer will not be posted.
- Does not promote the advertisement of other schools or universities except UC Irvine. Exceptions include reference to the speaker or event from another school or university.
- Campus positions will not be posted unless units are specified or there is an information workshop scheduled. All other positions will be posted at the discretion of the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
- Surveys and/or research studies will not be posted. All exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
- Classes will not be posted. Exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
- All ASUCI events must obtain prior approval through ASUCI. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UC Irvine clubs and organizations must currently be registered through the UCI Student Life and Leadership Office or sponsored by a department. Clubs and organizations will not be posted if there is no registration confirmed.
- All events and activities must take place on campus and in space reserved through the UCI Student Center & Event Services Office at (949) 824-5252. All room reservations are confirmed by the UCI Student Center & Event Services Office prior to posting; the space that is confirmed is the room location and times that will be posted according to the reserved date(s). Announcements will not posted if there is no reservation/confirmation. Off campus locations will not be posted. Exceptions must be approved by the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs.
- At the discretion of the Office of the Vice Chancellor Student Affairs, and if space permits, announcements about events held in non-profit, performing arts venues in Orange County may be posted when discounted ticket prices are offered to UC Irvine faculty, staff, and students.
7. Announcements will be posted the week in which the event or activity occurs, and in some instances, may be posted a week prior to the event. (Factors considered when making this decision include expected attendance, length of engagement, and registration purposes.) Announcements may be posted week-to-week if space permits.
8. The Anteater Weekly is archived at http://antweek.vcsa.uci.edu/. For more information on activities and events visit the UC Irvine homepage at http://www.uci.edu.
9. The information provided does not imply sponsorship or approval by the Regents of the University of California or the UC Irvine campus.
10. Should there be any changes to a date, time, or location event for a UC Irvine club or organization once posting has occurred, it is the responsibility of the club or organization to contact their members. The Anteater Weekly does not send out corrections campuswide.